Friday, September 12, 2008

5 days...

until my surgery.

Went to my primary care doc this morning for a pre-operative physical and blood work. Wasn't much of a physical. Mainly he just had to fill out paperwork about the medicines that he has prescribed to me and my history, allergies etc. Then I was off to LabCorp for blood work. It was really vile! Thanks Mom for the spelling correction to yesterday's post. What can I say, I was a math major and spellchecker doesn't catch homonyms.

Apparently my left arm is empty from yesterday's "type and screen" because the technician couldn't get any blood to draw up into the tube (easier to spell than "vial"). So she tried again on my right arm and was successful. Now I look like a heroin addict with all the track marks on my arms. Except I think usually heroin addicts don't look as well fed as I do.

Oh, I learned a new term from Dr. Lowe today. He said what I was having done was called an O.R.I.F. - Open Reduction Internal Fixation. I'd say Orthopedics Really Isn't Fun.

No comments: