Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Shopping

Well, I survived the mall and have taken care of all but one gift. This is actually pretty early for me. I'm such a last minute shopper. Back in college I got interviewed at Security Square Mall by the local news crew while shopping on Christmas Eve. I can't do that this year since we are going to have our family Christmas on the 24th since my sister and her family will be at the Hagees' on Christmas day.

I've got a busy day tomorrow with church and youth fellowship. Then Monday is my first physical therapy appointment and I'm going to a Maryland basketball game with Dad, Bill Hathaway, and Jesko. So today was pretty much my last chance to get the bulk done. I took the wheelchair since I wouldn't have lasted very long attempting this trip on crutches. I'm still worn out. I will say having a handicapped parking permit comes in awful handy.

I got home and found Elf on TV which is perfect for wrapping presents and decorating the tree. I've had the tree up with lights on it since last Saturday, but haven't decorated it yet. If you haven't seen Elf, do yourself a favor and rent it. Its hysterical and even though its only five years old it is already a classic that I must watch every year.

My top Christmas movies (not necessarily in order)
  1. It's a Wonderful Life
  2. Miracle on 34th Street (1947 - Edmund Gwenn, Natalie Wood version)
  3. A Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out!)
  4. Elf
  5. Love Actually (which is also on tonight but I borrowed it on DVD and have already watched twice this year)

Luckily I had Dad put the star on top of my tree already so I don't have to use Buddy's method-

Make sure that you stick to Buddy the Elf's four main food groups - Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corns, and Syrup. Me, I'm eating Christmas Tree Peeps and drinking Cherry Coke while I'm watching...

2 comments:

Cheshire Cat said...

You left out 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'.

Chris said...

How could I have forgotten that...
I love both the original cartoon and the Ron Howard version.