Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I've been checking a few items off my list...

from about two weeks ago (see post entitled "Things that I miss" for full list). This has been a week of progress and for that I am very thankful.

This week I --
  • Started sitting in the front seat of a car
  • Wore shoes that laced up
  • Wore something other than a t-shirt and gym shorts
  • Made the rounds of the church campus today while I was there for a staff meeting
  • Walked (with crutches) downtown to Starbucks for coffee with Dan
This wasn't on my list, but sitting back in the pew with my family during worship service has been a big moral boost. This past week I even kept my foot down throughout the service and stood for the hymns. Last week I walked up to the lecturn, presented our high school graduates and led the congregation in a prayer during worship on Sunday. Wednesday night I walked to the lecturn and did the Invocation at an Eagle Scout Court of Honor for two boys from our youth group.

I am still frustrated that I'm not further along in my recovery, but I am making sure to pay attention to the progress that I am making and taking time to celebrate it.

No comments: