Friday, July 1, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Well, we've got four out of six weeks of Greek and a Midterm behind us as we head into the three day weekend. Looking forward to some fun and relaxation, but no fireworks in most of Texas this year, thanks to the drought. I posted this video on Facebook the other day, but thought I should share it on my blog too. Stephen Colbert decided to address the ban.



On Monday our professor is having the class out to his ranch for a Greek Camp Picnic. The invitation that he passed out to us last week says "Come join us for hay rides, horseback riding, donkey hugging, and just having a good time." How can you beat that? Donkey hugging! Should be fun.

Le Tour de France also starts tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to watching that as I do every year. Such an amazing race. Not to mention the amazing shots of the French countryside, little villages, castles, cobblestone streets, and spectacular climbs in the Alps and the Pyrenees. I can't wait.

No comments: